WEL NSW is looking to recruit a highly motivated and energetic feminist to work with the Executive, a full-time Policy and Campaign Coordinator, its membership and other advocacy groups to ensure that WEL builds its ongoing capacity to achieve social change for women.
Membership & Community Engagement Coordinator
Job Applications close: 13 October, 2015.
The focus of the position is to grow WEL’s membership and community of supporters, increase its diversity, geographic and cultural reach and increase its revenue by expanding the range and number of funding sources and donors.
The Coordinator will be expected to:
- Increase membership numbers and diversity.
- Grow a community of support for WEL, both online and offline.
- Build Wel’s social media profile.
- Manage a Nation Builder digital platform.
- Increase and diversify funding sources and activities.
- Work with professional fundraisers to complete targeted fundraising projects.
- Meet membership and financial targets.
- Work with volunteers to achieve WEL’s aims.
- Ability to promote WEL’s feminist goals.
- Relevant membership and community engagement experience in a not for profit, volunteer organisation.
- Experience using social media to build an online organisational profile, raise awareness of social change campaigns and attract new members.
- Experience with NationBuilder or similar community organising platforms.
- Ability to coordinate and implement a successful fundraising strategy for WEL.
- Ability to apply a variety of digital tools for fund-raising.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Good organisational, budgeting and planning skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or business or other relevant areas.
- Relationship management and networking.
- Experience in events management.
Terms & conditions of engagement
- This is a part time (3 days a week) contractor position for a seven month period, subject to satisfactory work performance, with possible extension.
- Contract fee inclusive of on costs (that is, superannuation, leave and tax liabilities) in the vicinity of $45,000 per annum, paid in fortnightly instalments.
How to apply for this job
Please send covering letter and application (maximum 3 pages) to Ms Sandy Killick, WEL Executive Committee at email@example.com, using the subject line: Membership and Community Engagement Coordinator application via EthicalJobs. Any queries, please phone Sandy on 0409 204 100.