WEL Fundraising, Membership & Engagement Manager 2016/17
The Women’s Electoral Lobby (WEL) NSW is an independent, feminist, non-profit, non-party political lobby group founded in 1972. Building on nearly 45 years of feminist advocacy work, WEL NSW seeks to give women a voice on critical issues including eliminating violence against women, reproductive rights and financial security issues including equal pay. We lobby and campaign on state and federal issues.
WEL is offering a 6 month maternity leave contract (with potential to extend) for the position of Fundraising, Membership & Engagement Manager. It is a 3 day per week, part time position commencing from February 6th, 2017. The focus of this role is membership/supporter/donor acquisition, membership engagement and retention, and digital communications.
The Fundraising, Membership & Engagement Manager is responsible for delivering revenue for WEL through the development, implementation and management of WEL's fundraising program. The main fundraising components are: membership growth, membership engagement and retention (through online and offline channels), as well as looking at single donations and regular giving to ensure short term and long term revenue for WEL.
By working closely with the Executive, the Events & Fundraising Sub Committee and campaign working groups, the Manager will ensure membership engagement and fundraising plans are implemented to generate new resources for WEL’s work.
WEL requires a large membership to lobby and campaign for equality for women. Our aim is for WEL’s membership to reflect the diversity of Australian women. Our members also provide funds and other donations to support WEL’s campaign activities. This Coordinator role is therefore essential to maintaining WEL’s influence and ensuring our sustainability.
The Manager will be expected to:
- Significantly increase the number of WEL members by developing and implementing digital acquisition campaigns for single donations and membership. Test results to ensure the strongest ROI for WEL.
- Develop and implement a regular giving product and online supporter journey.
- Work with the FR & Event sub-committee to look at prospects for a Major Donor and Bequest program.
- Implement WEL's online communication strategy to grow WEL’s profile online.
- Plan donor events to keep members informed of the work they’re contributing to and to ensure membership retention.
- Manage volunteers to create compelling communications and content for use in email and social media campaigns.
- Be the gatekeeper for NationBuilder and delegate NationBuilder administration work to volunteers and supervise their work.
- Work with volunteers to achieve WEL’s aims.
- Ability to promote WEL’s feminist goals and a genuine interest in building a feminist community.
- Knowledge and understanding of major issues facing women and a commitment to solutions based on a feminist critique.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience developing and implementing digital fundraising campaigns for single donations, membership and regular giving using best practice.
- Demonstrated experience retaining members and donors by developing a supporter journey and member engagement program.
- Expertise using social media to build an online organisational profile, raise awareness of social change campaigns and attract new members.
- Experience with NationBuilder or similar community organising platforms.
- Excellent writing skills with experience creating compelling EDMs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a genuine passion for making members feel welcome and valued.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse group of volunteers producing social media content, campaign materials and events.
- Excellent organisational, budgeting and planning skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or business or other relevant areas.
- Relationship management and networking.
- Experience in events management.
If you have questions about this role please contact Maeva Freeman, WEL NSW Executive Committee member at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications Friday December 9th 2016.
Please email a covering letter explaining how your interest in the role, how you meet the selection criteria, a resume and details of two professional referees to Amanda Keeling at email@example.com.