The Women’s Electoral Lobby (WEL) NSW is an independent, feminist, non-profit, non-party political lobby group founded in 1972. Building on nearly 45 years of feminist advocacy work, WEL NSW seeks to give women a voice on critical issues including eliminating violence against women, reproductive rights and financial security issues including equal pay. We lobby and campaign on state and federal issues.
We are always on the look out for passionate feminists to join our team.
Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation and we rely on the contribution of volunteers to carry out our work.
For more about volunteering with WEL, please visit our general volunteering page.
We are currently recruiting for an two Executive Committee role (volunteer)
Executive Committee position - Fundraising (Corporate partnerships)
Organisation: Women's Electoral Lobby NSW
Work Type/s: Volunteer position
Time commitment: Monthly meeting plus 12 hours per month
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Date position circulated: Friday March 15th, 2019
Applications close: Wednesday April 17th, 2019
WEL NSW is an independent, feminist, non-profit, non-party political lobby group founded in 1972. Social change takes a long line of passionate activists to deliver lasting change. WEL NSW has 45 years experience of feminist advocacy and we welcome women wanting to actively help us continually grow our capacity to achieve social change for women.
The WEL NSW Executive Committee (our volunteer Board which sets organisational strategy and approves campaigns) has a vacancy for a Fundraising expert who can help us establish relationships with appropriate corporate partners.
The Executive Committee Member (Fundraising: Corporate partnerships) will be expected to:
- Develop protocols for helping WEL identify and vet corporate partners aligned to WEL’s feminist vision, strategic directions and campaign goals.
- Scan the national and international field for suitable corporations willing to help us realise our goals through in-kind support, networking, donations and identifying opportunities.
- Take a lead on building relationships with vetted corporations, with support from other Executive members and the Membership, Engagement & Fundraising Coordinator.
- Identify strategies for building on WEL’s vision and values to attract corporate partners.
- A commitment to WEL’s feminist goals.
- Successful fundraising experience with corporate partners, including building lasting relationships.
- Strategic planning expertise.
- A willingness to work alongside volunteers from diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Ability to help us build our capacity as a civil society organisation.
- A willingness to tap into your own network to help WEL achieve its goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ways to communicate the importance of social change for women to the broader community.
- Ability to attend monthly meetings and ad hoc meetings with potential donors.
- Governance expertise.
- A sense of humour.
- Persistence and determination to see a project through.
Terms & conditions of engagement
This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit for a 12 month period. Executive Committee meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, 6 - 8 pm in Newtown.
Please email an Expression of Interest with your CV to Josefa Green, WEL NSW Executive Committee member at: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, call Sandy Killick, WEL NSW Executive Committee member on 0409 204 100.