Women cannot be left to carry the social and financial burden of recovery from the pandemic. Women cannot live with housing insecurity or homelessness.
Help WEL to campaign for effective immediate and longer-term government responses to support women through the crisis and preserve and build on advances already achieved.
Donate direct to WEL lobbying and campaigns by clicking HERE.
The Women’s Electoral Lobby provides Tax Deductibility through the National Foundation for Australian Women’s portal, available HERE. Select Women’s Electoral Lobby (NSW) or Women’s Electoral Lobby (Australia) from the ‘organisation or fund’ drop down list under ‘Donation details’. As we are now in the 2020-21 Financial Year, you will need to ensure you save your receipt for next year, to receive your tax deduction.
Women Ageing Well
A home of her own. Securing housing for women at any age - social, rented or owned
Over the next 18 months, the Women Ageing Well campaign will build a community of allies and support, and will lobby the NSW and Federal Government to:
- Lower the qualifying age for priority social housing in NSW, currently 80 years of age
- Increase the supply of social housing by an extra 5,000 homes a year for the next 10 years through inclusion of social housing infrastructure into the NSW Government’s post-pandemic investment
- Provide adequate and sustainable funding to meet demand for homelessness services, and ensure that they respond to the needs of culturally diverse communities, and women and children who need them
- Improve protections for and assistance to renters by amending the NSW legislation to increase protections for vulnerable women of all ages
- Increase funding of specialist women’s refuges and other front-line services dealing with violence against women from the Commonwealth/State fund, based on policy and reform proposals that put the safety and well- being of women and children first.
Together with our feminist partners WEL will also address the key policies driving women into social, emotional and financial insecurity.
Thank you for your support.
WEL works every day to advance equality for women. You can be a part of our courageous journey.
For nearly 50 years, WEL has been advocating for equality and justice for all women. We carry out important research and campaign to knock down the barriers that hold women back from a life of dignity, safety and independence.
WEL is proudly reformist and always ambitious. Through passion, determination and strategic thinking, we have won many significant policy changes and law reforms to make life better for women everywhere. We are not for profit, non party political and independent. We are able to continue our work and campaigns for equality thanks to the generosity of people like you, our members and supporters.
Learn more about how WEL has been making women count over the past 45+ years in this short film.