Our aim is to recruit two Volunteer Team Leaders to develop resources and procedures to support our volunteers as well as increase the diversity and geographic reach of our base of support.
Volunteer Team Leaders
Applications close: No deadline, please apply as soon as possible.
The Volunteer Team Leaders will be expected to:
- Recruit, induct, train, support and recognise WEL volunteers.
- Develop and implement resources and procedures to support volunteers.
- Work with the Membership & Community Engagement Coordinator to hold events targeting WEL members.
- Ability to promote WEL's feminist goals.
- Successful volunteer management and coordination experience in the not for profit sector.
- A track record of building a positive volunteer team environment.
- Experience developing and delivering induction and training courses.
- Willingness to organise events to engage WEL members/volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including building relationships with people of diverse backgrounds
- Sound organisational skills, including high level computer and database skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a team environment.
- Ability to attend meetings with volunteers both inside and outside business hours
- Familiarity with the women’s NGO sector.
- Experience using a NationBuilder or similar digital platform.
- Lateral thinking around member engagement and volunteer management.
- Terms & conditions of engagement
- This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit to one day per week for a 12 month period. The day per week can be spread over two days to increase face to face contact with volunteers.
How to apply for this job
Please send covering letter and application (maximum 3 pages) to Ms Sandy Killick, WEL Executive Committee at email@example.com, using the subject line: Volunteer Team Leader application via EthicalJobs. Any queries, please phone Sandy on 0409 204 100.