WEL is looking for volunteers to join WEL and become active members in one of four Action Groups - Violence Against Women, Affordable Housing, Reproductive Rights and a Federal Election Campaign Group.
WEL NSW ACTION GROUPS
Action Group Members will be expected to:
- Work with other Action Group Leaders and other WEL volunteers to achieve change on a priority issue for women.
- Develop and implement social change campaigns and actions.
- Meet with your local political representatives, other decision makers and voters to influence their positions on priority issues for women.
- Attend monthly Action Group meetings (usually held on weekday evenings).
- Give up to 8 hours per week to carrying out campaign related activities.
- Become financial members of WEL.
- Ability to promote WEL’s feminist goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve campaign goals.
- A working knowledge of one of the following issues relating to women: violence against women, affordable housing, reproductive rights or gender analysis more broadly.
- Lobbying or campaigning expertise, or a willingness to develop these skills.
- Social media, print/radio/TV media or other communication skills, or a willingness to develop these skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- A sense of humour.
- Lateral thinking about how to communicate women’s issues.
- Willingness to promote WEL’s campaigns and fundraising events within your own networks.
Terms & conditions of engagement
This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit up to 8 hours per week for a minimum 12 month period.
How to apply for this job
Please submit your application HERE. Please indicate which Action Group you are interested in joining and which skills you’d like to contribute to WEL.
Do you like this page?