Executive Committee position - Secretary (Voluntary)
Women's Electoral Lobby NSW
Work Type/s: Monthly meeting plus 4 hours per month
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Posted: (Updated) 21 January, 2016
Applications: We are looking to fill this position ASAP. Applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
WEL NSW is an independent, feminist, non-profit, non-party political lobby group founded in 1972. Building on its 40 years of feminist advocacy work, WEL NSW is recruiting new active volunteers to ensure that WEL has the ongoing capacity to achieve social change for women.
WEL NSW is looking to strengthen its Executive Committee (our volunteer Board which sets organisational strategy and approves campaigns) by recruiting a Secretary.
This role is responsible for managing the agenda, correspondence and minutes of our monthly Executive Committee meetings. The Secretary will work with the Convenor, WEL NSW.
The Secretary will be expected to:
1. Work with the Convenor to draft and circulate Executive Committee meeting
2. Coordinate monthly reports from our Action Groups to be tabled at the Executive
3. Take and circulate the minutes of the Executive Committee.
4. Deal with any related correspondence.
1. A commitment to WEL’s feminist goals.
2. Experience in a secretarial or office administration role.
3. Proficiency creating word documents, sharing by email and filing records.
4. A willingness to work in a volunteer organisation.
5. Availability on the second Wednesday of each month to attend the Executive
6. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including building relationships with
Committee meeting in Newtown from 6 pm to 8 pm.
people of diverse backgrounds.
7. Willingness to become a WEL member.
1. Knowledge of Google documents or a willingness to learn.
Terms & conditions of engagement
This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit for a 12 month period. Executive
Committee meetings are held on the second Wednesday each month, 6 - 8 pm in Newtown, Sydney.
Please email an Expression of Interest with your CV to Executive Committee Member, Lorraine Slade, on wel.welnsw.org.au. Please put 'WEL NSW Secretary' in the email heading.
There is no closing date for this role - we are looking to fill this role ASAP.
Do you like this page?