Administration Coordinator - Volunteer
Employer: Women's Electoral Lobby NSW
Work Type/s: Volunteer (1 day per week (can be spread across days) during business hours)
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Newtown, Sydney
The Women’s Electoral Lobby (WEL) NSW is an independent, feminist, non-profit, non-party political lobby group founded in 1972. Building on nearly 45 years of feminist advocacy work, WEL NSW continues to give women a voice on critical issues including eliminating violence against women, reproductive rights and financial security issues including equal pay. We lobby and campaign on state and federal issues.
We are looking for an Administration Coordinator who is available during business hours to work from our Newtown office to respond to the steady a steady flow of queries, invitations and correspondence WEL receives. The Coordinator will also send correspondence to MPs and invitations to WEL forums.
The Administration Coordinator will be expected to:
- Check the WEL email inbox and distribute emails to appropriate team members.
- Respond to phone and email enquiries from the general public.
- Perform data entry using WEL’s NationBuilder Platform (training can be provided).
- Assist WEL Executive team with basic research and project/campaign work.
- Assist with preparation for events – for example, helping to book venues, plan catering, manage invitations and guest lists.
- Assist WEL Secretary to prepare documents for monthly Executive meetings.
- Help WEL team manage online storage/archives.
- Willingness to promote WEL’s feminist goals.
- Previous experience providing high level administrative support on sensitive issues.
- Ability to exercise judgement when communicating on behalf of WEL.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including phone, email and face to face contact with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Sound organisational skills, including high-level computer and database skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a not for profit setting with minimal face to face supervision.
- Ability to attend meetings with volunteers generally inside, but sometimes outside, business hours.
- Knowledge and understanding of major issues facing women and a commitment to solutions based on a feminist critique.
- Experience using a NationBuilder or similar digital platform.
- A sense of humour.
Terms & conditions of engagement
This is a volunteer role. Applicants are asked to commit to one day per week during business hours for a 12 month period. The one day per week can be spread over two or three days to increase face to face contact with volunteers.
Remuneration - NA
For more information about this opportunity contact Lorraine Slade WEL NSW Executive member on 0414 264 106.
To submit an expression of interest for this role, please email email@example.com with the subject heading Administration Coordinator.