Notice of Annual General Meeting Women’s Electoral Lobby, New South Wales (WELNSW)
Notice is hereby given that the annual general meeting for Women's Electoral Lobby NSW Incorporated will be held at WEL NSW office, 8-10 Victoria Street, Newtown, 2042 on 2 December 2017 at 2.00pm.
1. Financial report
To receive and Consider:
(1) the financial reports, for the last financial year.
2. Amendment of WEL NSW Constitution
To consider and, if thought fit, pass the following resolution as a special resolution:
(2) Special Resolution: This Annual General Meeting of Women’s Electoral Lobby NSW Incorporated resolves to replace the Constitution of 1989, with a new Constitution, to comply with the Associations Incorporation Act, 2009 and Regulation, 2016.
The Explanatory Notes detail the changes proposed.
The new constitution as endorsed by the WEL NSW Executive is in draft form HERE.
(Application will be made to the Secretary, NSW Fair Trading. Department of Finance, Services and Innovation on the Form: Application to register change of objects or constitution and sent to Registry Services within 28 days of the date of the Annual General Meeting so, on or before Friday 29th December, 2017.)
3. Election of office-bearers and WEL NSW Executive Committee members
(1) Nominations for office-bearers and WEL NSW Executive Committee member positions will be accepted for election. The Returning Officer will preside over the election. Please contact [email protected] before Tuesday 28th November if you would like to discuss nominations.
4. Other business
* A final agenda will be available on the day
Past Minutes: Members are invited to view the minutes of the 2016 WEL NSW AGM HERE
There will be a panel discussion and celebration of WEL's 45 years following the AGM.
RSVP: Please respond as soon possible (no later than Tuesday 28 November) - RSVP HERE.
If you would like to help/volunteer at the AGM and celebration, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
We look forward to seeing you on the 2nd of December.
Directions and Transport:
Getting to the WEL Office - Please click HERE for the map.
The WEL Office (which we share with Older Women’s Network) is 50m off King St near the Missenden Road intersection (behind Marlborough Hotel). There is limited street parking in the surrounding streets.
Easy 10 min walk from Newtown Station. Lots of buses to King Street - check HERE for public transport information.
Do you like this page?